Tuesday, April 22, 2008

On an aimless Stroll with Dana- Friendship Thoughts

Last Tuesday, I met Dana after work. Whenever Dana and me are together, we end up doing something unusual, weird but loads of fun. There have been so many incidents when we had lost count of time and flowed away with the tide of the moment. She came down to my office to pick me up. I met her outside and I had a weird idea of walking all the way till we are tired. Dana, instantly asked me what to do with her car. I said, “hey off course, park it right here”.
Dana again asked,” And how long do we walk?”.
I said “till we are tired”.
Dana asked yet again” And where do we go?”
I said “wherever our eyes direct us. Dana don't talk, just walk”
She looked thoughtful for a moment, and at the next moment she had a twinkle in her eye. The twinkle implied that she has come out of the dilemma and now she knows what to do –“ just walk “.
And we started walking. As we walked, we started talking about the day, why we do things that we usually do. And how funny is life? We toil to earn money, live out of the money, and yet again we toil the next day, live out of it, and the cycle is repeated. She said that we are echoing Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus
“Getting up, tram, four hours of work, meal, sleep, and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, in the same routine “
Being a lover of Shakespeare, I reminded her another quote on life
” It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.”

We talked about life, its funny ways, its meaninglessness, and rare times that it seems meaningful, and other related things that generally makes people uncomfortable.
I felt as if we weren't talking to each other, we just stood with our minds open to each other, with Dana peeping into my mind, and I in her. We were just reading each other. It sounds weird again.
When we realized, we have walked 5 miles already by Delaware Riverside. We looked at each other and had a hearty laugh. Both came out of the trance that we were in. Yet , another funny but deep incident happened together. Each incident like that with Dana, makes me cherish her more as a friend. She is the only one whom I can talk things like the meaninglessness of life. Others call it pessimism, Dana calls it reality like me. Dana, thank you for being there with me and being like me. Heres a lovely note of friendship through these lovely to you Dana. Send this friendship cards to your friends whom you share a lovely time with.




Send This Friendship eCard
More Friendship Comments

Copy The HTML Code And Paste It In Your Friends' "Post Comment" Box...

Labels:

 
posted by Jenni at 4:45 AM, | Bookmark This Post:
                           

0 Comments: